After its foray into the smartphone market in India early this month, China-based Lenovo has confirmed to one internet site that it will probably be launching the Lenovo IdeaPhone P770 in India this December. However, Lenovo is silent on the specifications or its cost upon launch.
What caught our attention first on the listing published on Lenovo’s Chinese website was that the IdeaPhone P770 packs a huge 3500mAh battery that the company claims will give you up to 29 hours of talk time. That means the battery on this smartphone is bigger than the 3300mAh battery on the Droid RAZR Maxx HD. What’s more, this smartphone comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box, which when combined with the huge battery, will seal the deal for most folks.
Good Looking Smart Phone! 🙂
It will also sport a 4.5-inch IPS display and run on a dual core 1.2GHz processor. It will have 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory and come with an 8GB micro SD card. As is to be expected of smartphones these days, the P770 comes with most of the standard connectivity features including 3G, Wi-Fi, and GPS, while there is a 5-megapixel shooter at the back and a VGA shooter on the front. The device measures 133 x 67 x 11.9mm and weighs just 161 grams.
What’s most interesting about the phone though, is its price, which the site states is ¥1,699 (approx. Rs 15,150). At this price, we think the P770 might well become the smartphone of choice for long-haul travellers and gamers. But like we’ve mentioned, Lenovo is keeping mum about the price, and we can’t really be sure how much the P770 will cost in India.
We can, however, do some guessing. Lenovo recently launched five Android smartphones in India, of which four run on Android 4.0, and one runs on Android 2.3. The high-end Lenovo K860 is priced at Rs 28,499, while the Lenovo S880, which has specs a tiny bit better than that of the P770, costs Rs 18,999. The Lenovo S560 has specs inferior to the P770, but is priced at Rs 14,499. Judging by the specs alone, we can risk a guess that the P770 might cost something between Rs 15,000 – Rs 18,000. However, the big battery and Jelly Bean might just give the company incentive to hike the price.
Let’s take a look at the highlighted specifications of the Lenovo IdeaPhone P770:
- 4.5-inch IPS touchscreen with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels.
- 3G, EDGE, Wi-Fi,
- 5 megapixel rear camera, front-facing VGA camera
- 4GB of internal memory, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD card
- Lenovo Launched 5 new Android phones for Indian market! (knowtheworldfacts.wordpress.com)
- Lenovo’s P770 smartphone boasts 29-hour battery life (slashgear.com)
- Lenovo P770 Launched In China; Comes With 3500 mAh Battery, Android 4.1 (techie-buzz.com)
- Lenovo P770 Goes Official with a 4.5” Screen, 3,500 mAh Battery (news.softpedia.com)
- Lenovo IdeaPhone P770 Full Specifications And Price Details (gadgetian.com)