Nobody wants to fail in his/her life, but failure is inevitable. Virtually it’s impossible to be immune from failure, one day everyone has to face it in any arena of life. But failure isn’t that bad as we perceive and it’s just a phase of life. Failure teaches us many things which we wouldn’t have otherwise learned from just being successful, like:
- Value of Time: Time is the most precious thing in this universe, unfortunately its true value is only known after tasting the failure. The more early the failure comes into our life, earlier we become more smart. If one always gets success then gradually he loses value of time and success, it becomes routine for him. He might even become complacent. Once a person has tasted failure he will realize the value of time and will thrive for success.
- True Friends: When we are in good pace we have lots of friends who are there are for us all the time. But only failure shows us who our true friends are! Chanakya was right in quoting that its adversity which shows our true friends! Only those who are with us in our thick and thin are our true buddies.
- Our True worth: We all formed some perception about self, which is naturally different from our real self. Either we are over confident about self or we underestimate self. A failure provides us opportunity to do a self assessment and SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats) analysis and we discover our real self or near real self. This is the moment when we discover the hidden talents in us and we actually realise who we really are!
Every human goes from success to failures and vice versa, and the cycle goes on. This is life and we must always keep hope and be humble when we are successful and be calm when we face failures in our life. And most important we must be compassionate with people who are struggling with their failure. Failure makes us a good person!
- Failure (christianpf.com)
- What to learn from Failure (finette.com)
- Overcoming the fear of failure (christianpf.com)